POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My First Post : Re: My First Post Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My First Post
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Apr 2004 17:53:00
Message: <407db2bc$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> It does.  You need to first understand Usenet message formats to understand
> why "I tested it and it works" *does* mean "it's right".

Alright. If you're going to say "I'll generate MIME headers and put them
on the posts, but you should be smart enough to ignore them because I'm
delivering the message over NNTP instead of SMTP", then I'll grant you
that.  But in that case, why put the headers on at all?

> Believe me, I know better what is trivial to fix and what not!  And your fix
> it complete wrong, btw: It would make posting text together with images
> impossible...

OK. Didn't know you were doing that. It still isn't difficult, altho
I'll grant it's no longer trivial.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA USA (PST)
   I am in geosynchronous orbit, supported by